Monday, September 10, 2007

We Have Arrived!

Greetings friends and family from Auckland, NZ, however, right now, more like Buford Hwy... everything here is in some sort of Asian, characters, including the blog right now, so I don't actually know if this is going to post correctly. Each time we have stopped to ask a question or for directions, the store owner does NOT understand us: "supermarket??" "What??", "big store of food?" response: no, no no. But then we finally made it out of Buford Hwy and into regular Auckland it feels a lot like the states, except for the fact that there were men on the corner with their pants down promoting student travel agency and ONE real supermarket in the entire AREA...we were exhausted today, we've been up since 3am, and it is only 3:30, now but feels like it should be midnight. The flight was so easy, however. I watched 4 movies and 2 sitcoms, while Fred and MK sat beside me passed out with their mouths open. I was jealous. I couldn't sleep, but I think I will tonight. Air New Zealand is a wonderful airline, clean, new, great service, and complimentary NZ wine! Anyways, I'm really tired now and this internet cafe sucks and my fingers hurt. Await lovely pictures, for they shall soon arrive! Goodbye dear family and friends, and talk to you again soon!

Don't worry, I don't think I want to live on the moon, but a visit is always nice!

1 comment:

Me said...

Perhaps we should find a boy named Fred and begin calling him Laura to restore balance to the world? Glad you're having a good time.