Sunday, September 30, 2007

When life throws a bag of crap in your face...

So, the other night at the hostel we are all sitting outside on the patio, laughing, talking, playing games, sipping wine, and having an all together good time. That's what it's like here, constant social hour getting to know the people around you, and just chilling out. So, anyway, I turn my face slightly to the left while I'm laughing about something and all of a sudden, somthing hard fits the right side of my face, hard. Everyone is silent, and I ask, "Do you smell something?" A boy walks over to the bag to see what it was, and low and behold, it was a bag of human fecal matter, yes, it was a bag of crap, literally. I am in New Zealand for the first time in my life, and I, of all people, get smacked in the face with what felt like semi-formed rocks. Fred, Mk, and I start laughing hysterically and everyone is staring shockingly at me. They can't believe that we are laughing so hard, but in all honesty, what can you do but laugh? It's true what I've heard, you just can't take yourself too seriously, life then just becomes too stressful. After a minute, after everyone realizes it's okay, they start to laugh hysterically too. A couple of the guys ran down the hill behind the little hoodlums that threw it, but they got away too quickly, it was nice though that they tried to defend my honor. All night last night we spent discussing what was going through the minds of these silly kids on Saturday night. Thy thinkg, hmmm, you know what we should do tonight since we are bored? We should all crap in a bag and throw it at the first person we see...and with my luck, it was me. What are the odds, can't I win the lottery instead? I mean, really?! So here is the life lesson I've learned from this, and I hope you learn the same: When life throws a bag of crap in your face, just throw it away from yourself and have a good chuckle about, don't take yourself so seriously! Really, I don't mind at all if you are laughing about it, imagine the scene in your head and it's even funnier! OOOh, if only you all could have seen it live.

1 comment:

Joe the annanomous lebanese person said...

Ohh!!! You got hit in da face with poopie!! A hot steamy pile of crap. At least they were kids and not monkeys. Homeosapien offspring use bags as mankind prefers not to handle his own feces with his bare hands. Oh my, lucky you, ha? Lucky for you they weren't monkeys. Man, did you dodge the bullet there. If I may, was there any corn found upon further examination of the subject??